Communications in British Party Politics
- Date: Wednesday 5 February 2014, 15:00 – 17:00
- Location: Clothworkers South Building
- Type: Seminars
- Cost: Free
This seminar will examine the factors that make a speech effective
A Showing of 'Speeches that shook the world'.
- What makes a good speech?
- Why do some political communicatiors resonate, whilst others seem to fade into the background?
- How do you recognise a game-changing speech when we hear it?
This documentary examines these issues and others, by deconstructing the components of an effective speech, those who deliver them and the communicative devices that are employed.
The screening will be followed by a panel discussion and debate with: Kevin Theakston, Tim Heppell, David Seawright, Richard Hayton and Andrew S. Crines.
All are welcome!
For further information please email Andrew S. Crines.
Clothworks South Building LT 3 (3.12). This is number 35 on the campus map.
There is limited car-parking available on campus at a charge of £5.00.
Parking spaces are available on campus for blue badge holders. Please contact 0113 343 5491 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.