Dr. Ane Engelstad
- Position: Teaching Fellow in Political Theory
- Areas of expertise: Theories of justice; injustice and oppression; feminist philosophy; feminist epistemology; testimonial injustice; political epistemology; theories of ideology; political methodology
- Email: A.Engelstad@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: Personal website | Twitter
I teach political theory at POLIS, and I am the Deputy Director of the Centre for Contemporary Political Theory. I specialise in contemporary political philosophy, feminist philosophy, and political and social epistemology.
Until recently, I was the editor in chief of Marx and Philosophy Review of Books.
- Deputy Director of Centre for Contemporary Political Theory
In my research, I show that key arguments from feminist epistemology can lead to new insights in political philosophy, and that this impacts some recent debates surrounding how we should approach doing political philosophy more broadly. See my personal website for further details.
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in Political Philosophy, University of Sussex (2022)
- MPhilStud in Philosophy, University College London (2016)
- BA Hons in Philosophy, King's College London (2014)
I teach political theory at BA an