Dr Hannah Morgan
- Position: Associate Professor of Social Policy and Disability Studies
- Areas of expertise: Disability Studies; professional practice, adult social care, disability politics, Disabled People's organisation and activism.
- Email: H.Morgan1@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 12.05 Social Sciences Building
- Website: Twitter | ORCID
I rejoined the School in June 2022 having been an undergraduate (BA Politics and Parliamentary Studies) and postgraduate (MA Disability Studies) and holding my first research post at Leeds University.
In between I was a Research Fellow at the Social Policy Research Unit (SPRU), University of York (2002-3) and as a Lecturer and Senior Lecturer in Disability Studies at Lancaster University where I was part of the Social Work team in the Department of Sociology (2003-22). I am now Associate Professor in Social Policy and Disability Studies and a member of the Centre for Disability Studies.
- Programme Lead MSc Disability Rights and Inclusion
My research and scholarship is located at the intersection of Social Policy and Disability Studies and is particularly concerned with the experiences of disabled people who use health and social care services and with professional practice(s) in this sphere.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- BA Hons Politics and Parliamentary Studies (Leeds 1998)
- MA Disability Studies (Leeds 1999)
- PG Cert Academic Practice (Lancaster 2004)
- Phd Sociology by published work (Lancaster 2018)
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
My main teaching focus is the development of a new digital MSc in Disability Rights and Inclusion which launches in September 2023 and contributing to social policy teaching and dissertation supervision.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Disability Studies