Dr Lisa Buckner
- Position: Associate Professor of Social Statistics
- Areas of expertise: Quantitative research; local labour markets inequalities; gender, provision of unpaid care
- Email: L.J.Buckner@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7989
- Location: 11.19 Social Sciences Building
- Website: Researchgate
I joined the university as a Senior Research Fellow in January 2006 and became a lecturer in July 2012. My specialist areas are the analysis of large and complex data sets, and the use of official statistics and surveys for policy-applied research.
Before coming to Leeds, I was at the Centre for Social Inclusion and CRESR, Sheffield Hallam University. I have previously worked as a local government demographer and in Census Division at the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
- Deputy Director of Student Education
- School Assessment Lead
- Academic Disability Contact - Year 1 and above
My research interest are policy-applied quantitative research on gender, employment, caring and equality at the local level, in particular the following areas.
- Inequality and local labour markets
- Balancing paid employment and unpaid care
- 'Working below potential'
- PhD Outdoor Pig Production
- MSc Mathematical Biology
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Statistics
- Royal Statistical Society