Ayse Rumeysa Kotan
- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: Towards a decolonial education: A research on Muslims' education
- Supervisor: Professor S. Sayyid, Dr Mustapha Sheikh
I received my BA in Philosophy from Hacettepe University in Turkey and then I did my first MA (non-thesis) at Gazi University, Turkey, in Philosophy and Related Fields Teaching Program. Then I worked as a teacher in philosophy and related fields.
To broaden my experience, I then worked for a company for organisational communication which help me to improve my organisational skills. However, I wanted to return to academia and did my second MA at University College London (UCL), Institute of Education on Philosophy of Education.
Currently, I am doing my PhD in Philosophy of Education under the supervision of Professor S. Sayyid and Dr Mustapha Sheikh. My title is “Towards a decolonial education: A research on Muslims' education”.
My PhD project aims to discuss family resemblances of John Dewey’s trip to three non-Western countries which were not formally colonised by the West. I am also looking for his advice and influence on these countries' educational institutions.
Further research interests:
- Colonisation/ Coloniality
- Philosophy of education
- Critical Muslim studies
- BA, Philosophy, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
- MA (non-thesis), Philosophy and Related Fields Teaching Program, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
- MA, Philosophy of Education, University College London (UCL), Institute of Education, London, UK