- UK/EU/International: UK and EU
- Type of project: Funding schemes
- Funding type: Research council
- Value: Full awards (for eligible candidates) provide fees and maintenance at standard Research Council rates (£14,553 in Session 2017/18). EU applicants are normally eligible for a fees only award, unless they have been resident in the UK for a full 3 years immediately preceding the start date of the award. AQM awards include an enhanced stipend of £3,000 per annum for full-time PhD study.
- Deadline: 24 January 2018
The School is pleased to offer a number of research degree studentships as part of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) White Rose Social Sciences Doctoral Training Partnership (WRDTP).
The WRDTP is one of 14 new Doctoral Training Partnerships to be accredited by the ESRC in recognition of the high quality training and development it offers researchers across a broad range of subjects. A number of Open Competition Pathway PhD studentship awards are available, enabling successful applicants to commence their studies at the University of Leeds in October 2018. These are very prestigious, fully-funded studentships and will be awarded on academic merit.
Studentship applications are invited within the following broad areas:
- Cities, Environment, and Liveability
- Security, Conflict, and Justice
- Education, Childhood, and Youth
- Data, Communication, and New Technologies
- Wellbeing, Health, and Communities
- Sustainable Growth, Management, and Economic Productivity
- Civil Society, Development, and Democracy
In addition to these Pathway studentship awards, we welcome applications for Advanced Quantitative Methods (AQM) studentships from applicants who expect to use AQM in their research project and for Cross-Research Council studentships, available for applicants whose research project will transcend the intellectual disciplinary boundaries of the UK Government’s Research Councils.
Full details about these studentships, including eligibility, regulations and how to apply can be found in this information sheet.
How to apply
Applicants applying on both a 1+3 and a +3 basis should first of all apply for the relevant research postgraduate programme, and once in receipt of a Student ID Number, should then complete the research online application form available at: https://leeds.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/esrc-wrdtp-scholarships-2018 (link available until deadline)