- Position: Project Co-ordinator
- Email: R.Borowski@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9625
- Location: 169a Woodhouse Lane
After my first degree I worked as a Research and Development Scientist for Courtaulds plc for six years before becoming a secondary teacher. I taught at Countesthorpe College in Leicestershire for three years before taking up a post as a teacher and teacher trainer with Skill Share Africa in Mozambique. On my return to the UK I spent seventeen years working in Development Education as a teaching resources writer and publisher and as a teacher trainer.
In 2007 I joined the University of Leeds Centre for African Studies as their Schools Project Coordinator. Since then I have been recruiting and training African postgraduates at the University of Leeds to deliver African Voices activity days in local primary schools about contemporary Africa. In addition, I have conducted research into the perceptions of young people about Africa and its peoples.
- Schools Project Coordinator, University of Leeds Centre for African Studies
- MA Development Studies (University of Leeds)
- PGCE (University of Leicester)
- BSc Chemistry (University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne)
I was a module manager for the School of Education.
From 2012 until 2020 I also taught on a taught postgraduate module about global learning in UK primary schools.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for African Studies