- Position: Project Co-ordinator / Module Manager
- Email: R.Borowski@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9625
- Location: 169a Woodhouse Lane
After my first degree I worked as a Research and Development Scientist for Courtaulds plc for six years before becoming a secondary teacher. I taught at Countesthorpe College in Leicestershire for three years before taking up a post as a teacher and teacher trainer with Skill Share Africa in Mozambique. On my return to the UK I spent seventeen years working in Development Education as a teaching resources writer and publisher and as a teacher trainer.
In 2007 I joined the University of Leeds Centre for African Studies as their Schools Project Coordinator. Since then I have been recruiting and training African Postgraduates at the University of Leeds to deliver African Voices activity days in local primary schools about contemporary Africa. In addition, I have conducted research into the perceptions of young people about African and its peoples.
- Schools Project Coordinator, Leeds University Centre for African Studies
- Module Manager, School of Education
- MA Development Studies (University of Leeds)
- PGCE (University of Leicester)
- BSc Chemistry (University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne)
I am module manager for the School of Education.
Since 2012 I have also been teaching on a Taught Postgraduate module about Global Learning in UK Primary Schools.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for African Studies