Dr Eglantine Staunton
I joined POLIS in January 2017 after completing my PhD at the University of Queensland in 2016. Previously, I completed a MA in International Studies (Peace and Conflict Resolution) at the University of Queensland, after graduating from Sciences Po in France.
I am part of the executive team of the European Centre for the Responsibility to Protect (ECR2P), which is based at the University of Leeds.
Additionally, I am an Honorary Research Fellow at the Asia Pacific Centre for the Responsibility to Protect at the University of Queensland (Australia).
My research interests are:
- human protection;
- the Responsibility to Protect;
- France's foreign policy,
- the EU’s foreign policy;
- the United Nations Security Council;
- and norm diffusion.
Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all research projects allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.
- PhD in International Relations, University of Queensland
- Master in Peace and Conflict Resolution, University of Queensland
- International Studies Association (ISA)
- British International Studies Association (BISA)
- International Political Science Association (IPSA)
- Academic friends of the European Peacebuilding Liaison Office (EPLO)
I am an award winning teacher who has taught on a wide variety of modules and has an outstanding record of teaching innovation.
I currently teach on the following modules:
• PIED1511: International Politics
• PIED3502: The Responsibility to Protect
• FOAR2000: Faculty of Arts Research Placement.
Research groups and institutes
- European Centre for Responsibility to Protect
Postgraduate research opportunities
The school welcomes enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="//essl.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.