Dr Eglantine Staunton
I joined POLIS in January 2017 after completing my PhD at the University of Queensland in 2016. Previously, I completed a MA in International Studies (Peace and Conflict Resolution) at the University of Queensland, after graduating from Sciences Po in France.
I am part of the executive team of the European Centre for the Responsibility to Protect (ECR2P), which is based at the University of Leeds.
Additionally, I am an Honorary Research Fellow at the Asia Pacific Centre for the Responsibility to Protect at the University of Queensland (Australia).
My research interests are:
- human protection;
- the Responsibility to Protect;
- France's foreign policy,
- the EU’s foreign policy;
- the United Nations Security Council;
- and norm diffusion.
- PhD in International Relations, University of Queensland
- Master in Peace and Conflict Resolution, University of Queensland
- International Studies Association (ISA)
- British International Studies Association (BISA)
- International Political Science Association (IPSA)
- Academic friends of the European Peacebuilding Liaison Office (EPLO)
I am an award winning teacher who has taught on a wide variety of modules and has an outstanding record of teaching innovation.
I currently teach on the following modules:
• PIED1511: International Politics
• PIED3502: The Responsibility to Protect
• FOAR2000: Faculty of Arts Research Placement.
Research groups and institutes
- European Centre for Responsibility to Protect