- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: UK mass atrocity prevention in practice
- Supervisors: Dr Adrian Gallagher, Professor Jason Ralph
My research into the UK’s approach to mass atrocity prevention is underscored by interviews with government and non-government practitioners who have generously provided a wealth of practical insights and perspectives across five key case studies:
- The role of the British military in Mali (through MINUSMA);
- The use of targeted sanctions against individuals and entities in Myanmar;
- The supply of training and equipment to Saudi forces operating in Yemen;
- The provision of UK aid to support peaceful political transitions in Kenya; and
- The importance of education at home in Britain.
The project is funded by the Economic and Social Research Council, and is being undertaken in collaboration with the Aegis Trust which works globally to prevent mass atrocities.
I have formerly worked in the humanitarian and development sectors, notably with the Norwegian Refugee Council, the British Red Cross, and the International Organization for Migration.
- Research Assistant to the All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Prevention of Genocide and Crimes against Humanity
- Outreach and Communications Lead for the Global Responsibility to Protect journal
- Visiting Scholar at the Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect
- Consultant with the Stimson Center’s Atrocity Prevention Study Group
- Teaching Assistant for undergraduate modules at the University of Leeds
My research interests are interdisciplinary, ranging from philosophy and psychology to law and politics.
- MA (Hons) Philosophy-Psychology
- LLM Human Rights Law
- MA Social Research