- UK/EU/International: UK and EU
- Type of project: Funding schemes
- Funding type: School or faculty
- Value: A full fee scholarship and contribution of £12,000 towards maintenance for new UK/EU research students undertaking full-time (3 year) or part-time (5 years) PhD study in the School of Politics and International Studies. Please note: This is a competitive studentship. The successful applicant will be selected from one of our project areas (see below for details).
- Number of awards: One
- Deadline: 1 May 2019
This scholarship covers full fees and a contribution of £12,000 towards maintenance for new UK/EU research students undertaking full-time (3 year) or part-time (5 years) study leading to the degree of PhD in the School of Politics and International Studies, starting in October 2019.
Please note, this is a competitive studentship that will be awarded based on academic excellence and the successful applicant will be selected from one of the following areas listed below:
- A self-proposed project within the school (Postgraduate Research Excellence Scholarship)
- Empowering Citizens to Influence Climate Change Policy
- No one left behind, period: Understanding and addressing menstrual stigma
- Global Britain, International Identity, Development aid and Foreign Policy in a Post-Brexit World
Conditions of the award
- It is not open to individuals who are already holding another award which covers the payment of tuition fees in full or part.
- It is not open to individuals who have already been awarded a doctoral degree or equivalent.
- Receipt of the scholarship is conditional upon you commencing your period of study by registering no later than 1st October in the academic year for which the award is offered.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a later year.
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
Candidates should hold a 2:1 first degree or equivalent and a merit or higher Masters degree (or expected grade if not yet completed).