Dr Roberto Musotto
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: organised crime; terror networks; spatial networks; social network analysis; illegal markets; white-collar crimes; cybercrime; stresser; ransomware; corporate; commercial law; contract law; trusts
- Email: R.Musotto@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7348
- Location: 2.47 (Research Staff Centre) Liberty Building
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar
I conduct research on organised crime and terrorist networks in the context of the EU Horizon 2020- funded TAKEDOWN project.
Before joining the University of Leeds, I was Research Assistant at the University of Palermo (UNIPA, 2012-2018).
I hold a PhD in Economics from the University of Messina, an MSc in Law (summa cum laude) from the University of Palermo and a BMus in Music Composition from the Conservatory of Palermo. I qualified as Avvocato in 2015 and registered member of the Italian Bar from 2018, I regularly advise clients on matters of contract law, commercial law, serious and business crimes. I trained as a solicitor in commercial law and trusts.
I am a member of the Socio-Legal Studies Association and the Young Scholars Initiative (YSI).
My research focuses mainly on organised crime, particularly on the application of social and spatial network analysis techniques on criminal groups.
I am currently working on models of transnational forms of organised crime and terrorist networks in a changing socio-legal context. Furthermore, I am interested in contractual mechanisms exploited by criminal organisations in legal and illegal markets.
- Avvocato (Member of the Italian Bar)
- Socio-Legal Studies Association
- Young Scholars Initiative YSI
- Ordine degli Avvocati di Palermo (Italian Bar)
I teach seminars on Transnational Financial Crimes.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Criminal Justice Studies