Professor Norma Martin Clement
- Position: Pro-Dean: International Faculty of Education, Social Sciences and Law
- Areas of expertise: legal education; internationalisation; transnational education; widening participation and diversity; learning spaces; family and child law
- Email: N.MartinClement@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5021
- Location: 2.11 Liberty Building
I am Pro-Dean International for Faculty of Education, Social Sciences and Law (ESSL) at the University of Leeds. I lead the development and implementation of International Strategy, working with the Dean and school International Co-ordinators. This involves developing new international research and teaching collaborations and acting as an ambassador for the University during overseas visits and in hosting international visitors to Leeds.
I was Pro-Dean for Student Education from 2009 to 2017. In that role I had responsibility for managing the strategic development of learning and teaching and student support within the Faculty and its schools working closely with the school Directors of Student Education. I also led a range of university-wide initiatives for enhancing learning and teaching and the overall student experience.
I joined the University of Leeds in 1984. Previous roles within the School of Law have included Admissions Tutor, Director of Student Education and Head of School.
I am Chair of the Family Law Subject Group for the International Association of Law Schools.
I am a LITE Teaching Enhancement Project Leader for 2017-2018 working on a project to evaluate the use and impact of Collaborative Lecture Theatres.
- Pro-Dean: International Faculty of Education, Social Sciences and Law
- LLM Harvard University 1984
- BCL Oxford University 1983
- BA Jurisprudence Oxford University 1982
- Society of Legal Scholars
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Innovation and Research in Legal Education