Postgraduate research opportunity
William Harrison Graduate Research Scholarship
- UK/EU/International: UK and EU
- Type of project: Funding schemes
- Funding type: School or faculty
- Value: The value of the award is equivalent to the cost of Home/EU Rated course fees for 2019-20.
- Number of awards: 1
- Deadline: 1 May 2019 23:59 GMT
The School of Law invites applications for the William Harrison Graduate Research Scholarship from suitably qualified persons who wish to commence postgraduate research studies in the academic year 2019-2020.
The School will offer one William Harrison Graduate Research Scholarship to a PhD candidate commencing their studies in October 2019 The award is open to full-time or part-time students (UK/EU) who have been offered a place on a PhD with the School of Law. The value of the award is equivalent to the cost of Home/EU Rated course fees for 2019-20.
The scholarship may be held in conjunction with the School of Law Teaching and Research Training Scholarship, which will provide for maintenance.
International students are not eligible for this award.
Closing date: 1 May 2019 23:59 GMT
Applicants must use the application form below, which is available to download.
• One scholarship is available for the academic year 2019-20. The award must be taken up for a start date of October 2019 and cannot be carried forward with a deferred offer.
• The scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction, the amount of which is equivalent to the full value of UK/EU fees. The scholarship may be held in conjunction with the School of Law Teaching and Research Training Scholarship, which will provide for maintenance.
• The scholarship will be awarded to the most academically outstanding candidate wishing to study full-time or part-time for a PhD. The award may be renewed on an annual basis to a maximum of three years (five years PT). Renewal is subject to proof of satisfactory academic progression.
• The William Harrison Graduate Research Scholarship cannot be held in addition to the Postgraduate Alumni Scholarship.
• Candidates must not already hold a doctorate or equivalent. The scholarship will only be awarded once the offer of the academic place has been confirmed.
• The successful candidate will be advised in writing as soon as possible after the scholarship committee has met.
Download full conditions.
How to apply
Download the application form.
Applicants must also complete a university study application form as well as the School scholarship application form.
The deadline for the academic application is 17th April 2019, 23:59 (GMT)
The deadline for the scholarship application is 1st May 2019, 23:59 (GMT)