Postgraduate research opportunity
Leeds Doctoral Scholarships
- UK/EU/International: Worldwide (International, UK and EU)
- Type of project: Funding schemes
- Value: Successful applicants will receive payment to cover their University tuition fees up to three years, along with a maintenance grant matching the Research Council UK rate (£14,777 for 2018/19).
- Deadline: 1 April 2019
There are a number of Leeds Doctoral Scholarships available for 2019 entry, which can be used with projects from across the Faculty.
To be eligible you must:
- be a UK/EU or international fee paying applicant
- have achieved at least a first class (1) honours degree or equivalent* at undergraduate level
- meet the English language requirements of your programme of study if English is not your first language (UK/EU applicants – prior to or at registration; international applicants – by the relevant scholarship deadline)
- not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree
- not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship
- have applied for a research degree and be in receipt of a student ID number
* Candidates with a lower mark in their undergraduate degree will be considered if they have or are expected to receive a distinction in a Masters programme relevant to their field of research, or if they can demonstrate relevant alternative experience (eg in industry or business, or for a practice-based PhD, in the creative arts).
For more information on Leeds Doctoral Scholarships and to apply, visit the University of Leeds website.
To apply for a Leeds Doctoral Scholarship, please ensure you meet the eligibility requirements detailed above.