MA TESOL - China
- Start date: 1 May 2005
- End date: 30 June 2005
The MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) (China) is a one-year, full-time programme taught entirely at Guangdong Foreign Studies University (GDFSU) in Guangzhou.
The programme is taught jointly by staff from the University of Leeds and GDFSU. It is the first time that either University has run a shared joint programme in which equal numbers of modules are designed and taught by academic staff from both institutions.
The programme is open to candidates from all over China and is suitable for experienced Chinese TESOL professionals such as teachers, teacher trainers, language school directors, curriculum developers, inspectors, lecturers and materials writers.
Successful graduates receive a MA degree from the University of Leeds.
The entry requirements for the MA TESOL(China) are:
- a first degree
- a professional qualification
- three years' relevant experience
- an English Language qualification in the form of
- IELTS 6.5 (with no paper scoring less than 6)
- TOEFL 580 with TWE 4.0
- Computer TOEFL 240 (with essay rating of 4)
- a pass in the GDFSU postgraduate entrance exam in English