Centre for Language Education Research
Centre for Language Education
Centre for Language Education Research (CLER)
At Leeds we are changing the conversation about Language Education.
The School of Education is home to one of the largest academic groups for Language Education in the UK. As education practitioners, we have a wide range of experience of teaching and teacher education work in many contexts in the UK and around the world, and as researchers, we have a broad range of expertise across the discipline.
Language Education at Leeds aims to achieve global recognition and impact for its research and teaching, providing cutting edge research and research-informed education for the next generation of leaders in language teaching worldwide.
To do this, we aim to ...
- strategically grow our research capacity, building on our expertise in methodologies such as linguistic ethnography, discourse analysis and corpus linguistics
- form strategic partnerships with language researchers across the university
- interact with our participants and professional partners locally, nationally and internationally to create research communities of practice that build impact into our research planning, collaboratively identifying and investigating research problems
- through the development of such partnerships, secure funding to pursue our research agenda in ways that combine the production of new knowledge with demonstrated social impact in the field of language teaching and learning
- publish strongly in the top journals from this research and ensure that it achieves impact across professional networks locally, nationally and internationally
- and exploit the potential of new media to disseminate our research.
“The CLER "Creative Conversations" series brings together interested stakeholders in language education to better un… t.co/w0eEhvFN8p” -
1 week ago
“Thanks to all who have listened to Series 1 of the CLER Podcast so far - more than 500 hits! And if you haven't yet… t.co/Jerk7bnFqL” -
1 week ago